We’re all about quick and easy one-bowl meals this winter and this taco soup.
It’s made with ground beef, tomatoes, creamy cheese, spices and topped with fresh avocado, tomato, cilantro, cheese, and lime.
It’s loaded with mildly spicy & zesty flavours and will keep you coming back for more.
This delicious taco soup comes together in about 30 minutes all in one pot with minimal cleanup or stress.
It’s perfect if you are on alow-carb or keto diet because it eliminates the carbs all together and will help you satisfy your taco cravings for good!
WHAT DO YOU PUT IN TACO SOUP
- Ground beef: can sub with lean ground turkey or chicken.
- Onion: can sub with onion flakes or onion powder if desired.
- Garlic: can sub with garlic powder but we highly recommend fresh minced garlic.
- Bell pepper: add lots of flavour to the soup but are optional.
- Rotel: is a canned tomato and green chilli mixture and can be subbed with freshly chopped tomato if desired.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese makes the soup creamy and helps raise the fat content for keto dieters. It can be subbed with low-fat cream cheese or heavy cream if desired.
- Taco Seasoning: we highly recommend using our popular recipe.
- Beef Broth: be sure to use low sodium beef broth and so you can adjust to taste. you can also sub with water is desired.
MAKE CREAMY TACO SOUP
Sautee beef, onions, and garlic in the instant pot using the sautee function until brown through.
Add all the remaining ingredients except for the cream cheese.
Manually set the pressure on high for 10 minutes; release naturally.
Stir in cream cheese and mix until melted.
I’ve especially developed this taco soup to make it super keto-friendly!
The fat from the beef and cream cheese along with the fresh avocado make this creamy taco soup a great addition to a keto diet with just 5 grams of carbs per serving!